Malwarebytes Security goes beyond traditional antivirus solutions by applying multiple layers of protection and detection, including proactive ransomware technology, malicious website protection and anti-exploit capabilities. These features combine to deliver the holistic defense across multiple attack vectors necessary to protect users in today’s evolving threat landscape and are backed by Malwarebytes’ powerful linking technology, renowned for its ability to remove all traces of malware from an infected machine.
If you have Malwarebytes installed and another antivirus software is asking you to uninstall our security, you have the following options:
Run Malwarebytes with the other antivirus software
To run Malwarebytes with another antivirus software asking to uninstall Malwarebytes:
- Uninstall Malwarebytes.
- Install the other antivirus software.
- Re-install Malwarebytes. For more information, see Download and install Malwarebytes for Windows.
We recommend adding exclusions to run Malwarebytes with other antivirus software. To add exclusions:
- Add Malwarebytes exclusions in the other antivirus software. For adding exclusion examples in other software:
- Add other antivirus software exclusions to the Allow List in Malwarebytes.
- To locate other antivirus software exclusions, search their website for antivirus exclusion or exception information.
Do not install other software
Do not uninstall Malwarebytes if you want to continue only using our antivirus software. To keep Malwarebytes installed when another antivirus is asking you to uninstall, close the uninstall message.
Continuing to use Malwarebytes not only helps you clean up damage caused by threats others miss, but keeps you protected before threats strike. See our threat Remediation Map to view live data on threats Malwarebytes finds on devices installed with other antivirus products.