Malwarebytes Security Advisor provides a comprehensive overview of your device's security and protection status and recommends ways to secure your device.
To use Malwarebytes Security Advisor:
- Open Malwarebytes for Mac application from your desktop.
- Locate and click the Shield icon on the top right corner of the app.
TIP - The shield icon displays a red dot if there are unresolved issues.
- The Security Advisor screen displays the recommendations based on your current settings:
- Click the button next to the recommendation to turn on that particular feature:
- Real-Time protection: If any of the Real-Time Protection features are turned off, the Turn on button displays next to that particular feature. Click the button to turn on the applicable protection.
- Software updates: This section notifies you of any pending software updates for the Malwarebytes app. Click Turn on to enable automatic updates for Malwarebytes.
- Device scans: This section displays information regarding device scans, and notifies you if you haven't completed a scan recently and if you don't have future scans scheduled. Click Scan now or Schedule a Scan depending on which options apply.
Return to Malwarebytes for Mac v4 guide.