On the Settings section of Malwarebytes Privacy, you can update the app, check your subscription expiration date and make configurations. To view Settings, click the cog icon at the top-right of the application.
The following settings are displayed in Malwarebytes Privacy for Mac.
- Auto connect: determines if Malwarebytes Privacy automatically connects to a server as soon as the application opens. We recommend you toggle this switch ON to automatically connect to a privacy server. By default, this toggle is switched OFF.
- Trust local devices: determines if other devices on your home network can share data directly with your Mac, such as a home printer. This toggle is permanently switched ON.
- Kill switch: If you lose your Malwarebytes Privacy connection, the Kill switch stops internet traffic from entering and leaving your device. With the kill switch on, you cannot connect to the Internet unless Malwarebytes Privacy is connected. Malwarebytes Privacy automatically turns on the Auto launch and Auto connect in your Settings. By default, this toggle is disabled. When enabled, a popup asks you to give permission for Privacy to filter network content.
- Subscription: shows the expiration date for your Malwarebytes Privacy subscription.
- Product Information: shows your Malwarebytes Privacy software version. Below, a blue Check for updates button displays. Click this button to update to the latest app version. An orange dot on the cog icon also indicates when an update is available. Click it to go to the Settings where you can update Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Auto updates: When switched on, the auto update toggle automatically updates your Malwarebytes Privacy version to the latest version when it becomes available. By default, the toggle is enabled.
- Early access mode: enables automatic updates to a beta release and prerelease features. Enabling the switch may cause stability issues. For more information, click the link to the Early access feedback forum. By default, the switch is disabled.
- Diagnostic mode: generates a local report to the Malwarebytes Support team for better protection and to help troubleshoot issues. By default, the switch is off.
- View product information and support: takes you to the Malwarebytes Privacy guide in your web browser.