Malwarebytes Browser Guard provides a safer and faster web browsing experience by:
- blocking ads
- blocking websites suspected of compromising your online safety
- blocking third-party trackers
This app is not a replacement for Real-Time Protection provided by Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus products.
- Browser: The latest version of Microsoft Edge.
- Devices: available for desktop and laptop computers, including Chromebooks. Browser Guard is not available to use on the mobile versions of Edge browser.
- While using Microsoft Edge, click the following link to install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
- Next to Malwarebytes Browser Guard, click Get.
- In the Add Malwarebytes Browser Guard to Microsoft Edge pop-up, click Add extension.
- A pop-up box appears indicating Browser Guard was added to Edge. The Malwarebytes logo appears to the right of your Microsoft Edge Browser search bar indicating it is installed.
- To keep the Browser Guard icon visible in the address bar, click the Extension button , then the Eye button next to Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
No further configuration is needed and Malwarebytes Browser Guard immediately begins to provide added security while you browse online.
Watch this video to see how to install Browser Guard on your Edge browser:
Return to the Malwarebytes Browser Guard guide.