Malwarebytes Browser Guard provides a safer and faster web browsing experience by:
- blocking ads
- blocking websites suspected of compromising your online safety
- blocking third-party trackers
This app is not a replacement for Real-Time Protection provided by Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus products.
Browser and System Requirements
- Browser: the latest version of Safari
- Operating system: macOS 10.15, 11, 12, 13
- While using Safari browser, click the following link to install Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
- Click View in Mac App Store.
- In the App store, click Get > Install.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials to login.
- Once the download completes, click Open.
- In the app screen that displays, click Preferences.
- From the left panel, select the Malwarebytes Browser Guard checkbox. Under Web Page contents and Browsing History, click one of the following based on your preferences:
- Always Allow on Every Website: This is the recommended setting, and enables Browser Guard protection on every website you visit.
- Edit Websites: List of currently open websites displays. Across each website listed and for For other websites option in the bottom right, you can choose from:
- Ask: To receive a prompt to allow or deny Browser Guard every time you visit the site.
- Deny: To deny Browser Guard from the site.
- Allow: To allow Browser Guard to function on that site.
- From the left panel, select all items for full protection:
- Malwarebytes Browser Guard Ad and Tracker Blocker
- Malwarebytes Browser Guard Malware Blocker
- Malwarebytes Browser Guard Scam Blocker
Each checkbox gives Malwarebytes Browser Guard access to block different types of malicious activities you may encounter while using Safari.
You will see the Malwarebytes logo appear to the top left of your Safari Browser indicating it is installed. No further configuration is needed and Malwarebytes Browser Guard immediately begins to provide added security while you browse online.
Watch this video to see how to install Browser Guard on your Safari browser:
Return to the Malwarebytes Browser Guard guide.