When you contact Malwarebytes Support for an issue regarding Malwarebytes Privacy VPN on your Mac device, the support agent might ask you for diagnostic data from your device to investigate the issue further. For this, you need to first enable Diagnostic Mode on your Privacy VPN app and then download the Malwarebytes Support Tool to collect the diagnostic data.
Follow the steps below to collect and share the diagnostic data with the support agent:
- Open Malwarebytes Privacy VPN on your Mac device.
- Click the Settings icon on the top right.
- Select the About tab.
- Switch on the toggle next to Diagnostic mode.
- Close the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN app.
- Reproduce the steps that led to the error or issue. Diagnostic mode logs the incident.
- Click this link to download the MBST-Mac zip folder.
- Double click the folder named "MBST-Mac.zip" from the Downloads folder.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Open.
- You'll be prompted to enter your Mac password. Enter the password and click OK.
- In the popup window below, click OK.
- The Malwarebytes Support Tool gather system information. A blue bar shows the progress. Once finished, a pop-up notifies you that the Support Tool gathered the needed information and created a zip file on your desktop.
- Find the newly created MWB_Info.zip file on your desktop and attach it to your reply email to Malwarebytes Support. If the file size is large to attach, please reach out to your support agent for an alternative.