Malwarebytes Security Advisor helps you better manage the security and privacy needs of you, your family, or small business by providing a comprehensive overview of items that impact your protection. This feature is available for Malwarebytes Premium for Windows and Teams.
To use Malwarebytes Security Advisor:
- Open the Malwarebytes for Windows application from your desktop.
- Your current security status displays on top of the main dashboard. If additional actions need to be taken to improve your overall security, this section displays a warning message. Click View details under the warning message to view the recommendations.
- The Security Advisor screen displays the following sections with recommendations based on your current settings:
- Real-Time Protection: If you have any of the Real-Time Protection features turned off, the Turn on button displays next to that particular feature. Click the button to turn on the applicable protection.
- Software updates: This section notifies you of any pending software updates for the Malwarebytes app. Additionally, it also recommends to turn on the Auto update functionality for the Malwarebytes app.
- Device scans: This section displays information regarding device scans and notifies you if you haven't completed a scan recently or don't have any future scans scheduled. Click Scan now or Schedule a scan depending on what's applicable for you.
- General settings: This section informs you when there are issues found with your device firewall or Wi-Fi connection.
Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide.