Malwarebytes Security Advisor provides a comprehensive overview of your device's security and protection status and recommends ways to secure your device. This feature is available for Malwarebytes Premium for Windows and Teams.
To use Malwarebytes Security Advisor:
- Open the Malwarebytes for Windows application from your desktop.
- Your current security status displays on top of the main dashboard. If additional actions are required to improve your overall security, this section displays a warning message. Click View details under the warning message to view the recommendations.
- The Security Advisor screen displays the following sections with recommendations based on your current settings:
- Real-Time Protection: If you have any of the Real-Time Protection features turned off, the Turn on button displays next to that particular feature. Click the button to turn on the applicable protection.
- Operating system: This section displays if there is a new version of Windows available to update. Click the Update now button to update your Windows operating system.
- Software updates: This section notifies you of any pending software updates for the Malwarebytes app or device OS. Additionally, it also recommends to turn on the Auto update functionality for the Malwarebytes app.
- Device scans: This section displays information regarding device scans and notifies you if you haven't completed a scan recently or don't have any future scans scheduled. Click Scan now or Schedule a scan depending on what's applicable for you.
- General settings: This section informs you when there are issues found with your device firewall or Wi-Fi connection and monitors the status of Tamper Protection and Brute Force Protection settings.
- Online privacy: This section displays if your Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Malwarebytes Privacy VPN is installed. Click Install to download and install the products.
Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide.