You can restrict admins or other remote users from uninstalling Malwarebytes from your Windows device using the Tamper Protection feature available within the General tab of the Settings page. Upon enabling this feature, users will either have to enter a password or the license key to uninstall Malwarebytes from your device. This is an opt-in feature and is available only for Malwarebytes for Windows and Malwarebytes for Teams users.
The Tamper Protection password is manually set when you enable the feature. It is not linked to your My Account password. For more information, see General settings in Malwarebytes for Windows.
To restrict users from uninstalling Malwarebytes for Windows:
- Open the Malwarebytes application from your desktop.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click the General tab.
- Scroll down to the Tamper Protection section and turn the toggle on.
- In the window that appears, check the Uninstall Malwarebytes box.
- Note: Additionally, you can also select other options available for which you want to restrict user access.
- Click Next.
- Create a password and confirm the password. Click Done.
Note: If you forget your Tamper Protection password, it can be reset using your license key, or the key portion of your license, if your license is in the older ID and Key format. In the Tamper Protection window, click Reset password, then enter your license key (capitalized and including dashes) to set a new password.
Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide.