You can restrict admins or other remote users from uninstalling Malwarebytes from your Windows device using the Tamper Protection feature available within the General tab of the Settings page. Upon enabling this feature, users will either have to enter a password or the license key to uninstall Malwarebytes from your device. This is an opt-in feature and is available only for Malwarebytes for Windows and Malwarebytes for Teams users.
To restrict users from uninstalling Malwarebytes for Windows:
- Open the Malwarebytes application from your desktop.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click the General tab.
- Scroll down to the Tamper Protection section and turn the toggle on.
- In the window that appears, check the Uninstall Malwarebytes box.
- Note: Additionally, you can also select other options available for which you want to restrict user access.
- Click Next.
- Create a password and confirm the password. Click Done.
Note: If you forget the password, you won't be able to reset it. Instead, you'll have to uninstall the application using your license key and then re-enable this setting. If you don't have your license key or password, you can click I forgot my license key and password and our support team will help you resolve the issue.
Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide.