The On-Demand Text Scan with Malwarebytes for Android scans for phishing links on a selected text in your device. Manually select and share a text to Malwarebytes to initiate the on-demand text scan.
To scan, follow these steps:
- Open a text message or email with your Android.
- Tap and hold a selected text. A contextual menu appears above the selected text.
- In the contextual menu, tap Share.
Note: Some apps do not support the Share option in the contextual menu.
- In the Share pane, choose Malwarebytes. The scanner initiates scanning the text.
- A pop-up window displays if there are phishing links in the selected text. Issue messages are color coded to signal their severity:
- Green: There are no issues detected.
- Orange: Issues which may affect your security but are non-critical.
- Red: Critical issues which require your attention.