The October 21st software update introduces our next-gen scanning engine. This free update brings advanced threat scanning to your Windows devices, resulting in:
- Improved zero-hour detection
- Faster scans using less resources
- Expanded detection of obfuscated malware
- Enhanced behavioral detection
- Improved quality and stability
As this update will require a restart in most instances, we're giving you the flexibility to control the timing of installation. Rather than automatically update, you'll see a new status indicator in the Malwarebytes OneView console: Software Update Available. Click on the status indicator when you want to begin the update process. You're in control.
In the days and weeks following October 21st, you'll be notified via the new status indicator to update software. You can update on the day of release, or whenever you’re ready.
To learn more about this update, and read Frequently Asked Questions, see the following:
- Malwarebytes Endpoints Protection
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response
Operating systems affected
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7