Your Mac endpoint is displaying the needs attention indicator . Click the indicator to see the message. If you receive the following error message:
"Your team has not yet granted this endpoint permission to allow full disk access (FDA) to Malwarebytes. For the best protection, we highly recommend that you grant this endpoint access to this capability."
Then the Mac endpoint user declined or revoked Full Disk Access for Malwarebytes.
To resolve this issue, do one of the following:
- Remotely grant Malwarebytes Full Disk Access using a User Approved MDM. Follow the numbered steps in the article Grant Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent Full Disk Access for Mac endpoints using UAMDM.
- Manually grant Malwarebytes Full Disk Access at the effected Mac endpoints. Follow these numbered steps:
- On the effected Mac device, you see a Malwarebytes alert indicator on the menu bar icon.
- Click the on the icon to open a context menu. Click on Current Issues.
- A new Malwarebytes page displays, providing steps to grant Full Disk Access.
- Click the button to Open System Preferences.
- Navigate to Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down to find Full Disk Access and select it.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom-left corner of the windows to make Privacy changes.
- You are prompted to enter your login Password to allow changes to your Security & Privacy.
- Click Unlock.
- Depending on your license, check the box's for the following item(s):
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent: Displays if you are subscribed to Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response.
- Malwarebytes Protection: Displays if you are subscribed to Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response or Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection.
Note: If you do not see either of the above items, drag and drop the Malwarebytes application icon from the displayed Malwarebytes page to your Full Disk Access list.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom-left corner to prevent further settings changes.