After you purchase Malwarebytes Privacy VPN, you need to install and activate the product on your Mac device. To purchase a subscription for Malwarebytes Privacy, click here.
To install and activate Malwarebytes Privacy on your macOS device, follow the steps below.
- Download the latest version of Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Double-click MalwarebytesPrivacy-x.x.xx.xxx.dmg.
- In the pop-up window, drag the Malwarebytes Privacy icon to the Applications folder.
- In the same window, double-click the Applications folder.
- In the Applications folder, double-click Malwarebytes Privacy.
- Click Open to confirm you want to open an app downloaded from the Internet.
- Malwarebytes Privacy opens. Click Get Started.
- Choose one of the provided options then follow the on-screen steps to activate:
- Sign in: Using your My Account log in credentials, enter your Email address and Password to activate. To set up your My Account log in, see Create and manage your Malwarebytes Account.
- Enter license key: Enter your license key and click Activate.
Note: If you previously installed Malwarebytes Privacy VPN on a Windows or Mac device, you can activate the product using the MB code. Learn more about how to generate MB Code.
- Privacy needs to load a system extension. Click Open preferences.
- Your Mac's Security & Privacy window opens. Click the lock icon at the bottom left of the window to make changes.
- A prompt to enter the system password appears. Enter the password and click Unlock.
- Click Allow on the bottom right.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom-left corner to prevent further changes to your settings.
- Once configured, Malwarebytes Privacy displays the app Dashboard.
- Switch on the ON/OFF toggle. The application shows Your connection is private.
Return to the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN for Mac Guide