The Quarantine page in Malwarebytes OneView allows you to view, delete, or restore items that have been detected and isolated. At the top of the page, click the Select a site dropdown to filter the Quarantine table for a site. The Quarantine table helps you manage the available information more efficiently. The following are some of the features that you can use to refine your search results:
- Reset filters: In the upper-right corner of the page, click Reset filters/groups to default to go back to the default filter settings.
- Customize table columns: In the top-right of the table, click Show columns list to customize the table columns.
- Column pinning and auto-sizing: Next to a column header, click the filter button to display a checkbox list of different sub-filters you can apply. Click the filter tab to pin or auto size for the selected column.
- Copy URL: Filter settings are appended to the URL. Copy and paste the URL to share with the same filter settings.
- Right-click menu: In the table, click and drag to select and highlight a section of the table. Right-click on your selected information to copy or export a .csv or an .xlsx file.
- Select all: Click the checkbox next to the Threat name column header.
To restore or delete threats in the Quarantine page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Malwarebytes OneView console.
- In the left navigation pane, click Quarantine.
- In the Quarantine table, check the boxes of the threat name you would like to restore or delete.
- In the upper right of the table, click the Actions dropdown.
- Click Restore or Delete.
For more information, see Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.