The Malwarebytes Support Tool can gather troubleshooting logs for Malwarebytes Privacy on Windows devices. If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, your agent may ask you to gather logs to help us solve the issue. The following steps explain how to upload logs to your support ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- An active internet connection.
- Windows operating system
- It is important you follow the instructions as documented below.
WARNING: Running the Start Repair, Advanced, Clean, and Repair System features may impact your Malwarebytes for Windows installation. These features are specifically for Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- In the Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
- In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required to run the Support Tool on your computer. If you do not have a .NET 4.0 Framework, you will receive an error pop-up window while running the tool. In the .NET 4.0 Framework not found pop-up window, click OK to open Microsoft's download page and download the latest .NET Framework components.
- In the Malwarebytes Software License Agreement pop-up window, check the box next to Accept License Agreement after consenting to the agreement terms.
- Click Next to complete the installation. The Malwarebytes Support Tool automatically opens.
- On the Dashboard, click I have an open Support ticket.
- Enter the following information in the entry box:
- Email Address: The email address you used to contact Malwarebytes Support.
- Ticket Number: The ticket number found in your email with the Support agent.
- Click Search. If the ticket is found, the table populates with details of your ticket.
- Double-click the ticket. The following do not require any actions, but the tool updates you about the process of getting logs from your Windows device.
- A status loading diagram displays a message of Getting logs from your machine.
- A confirmation states Your ticket has been updated successfully. Upon completion, your Malwarebytes Support agent will email you with further details.
- Close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.