To check if Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 is detecting a recurring Google Chrome™ browser item, follow these steps:
- From your Malwarebytes for Windows dashboard, click the Scanner card.
- Click the Reports tab to display your previous scans.
- Double-click a Scan Report.
- Check the listed items in the scan report to confirm if a Chrome item is repeatedly detected.
Malwarebytes is removing the detected item, but the Google Sync server restores the item back. For more information, see our forum topic, Chrome Secure Preferences detection always returns.
To prevent the same items from coming back to your device, reset Chrome Sync.
- Turn Chrome Sync off. See the following Google support article: Turn sync on and off in Chrome.
- Sign in to https://chrome.google.com/sync.
- Scroll down and click CLEAR DATA.
- After performing the sync reset, return to Malwarebytes and close the Additional action required popup message to resume the quarantine process.
- After the quarantine process, turn Chrome Sync back on. Refer to the steps in Google's support article: Turn sync on and off in Chrome.