Malwarebytes Privacy looks out for your privacy by serving as a digital middleman between you and the Internet. Congestion can sometimes happen when you reroute your Internet connection through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service. You may lose some speed when running Malwarebytes Privacy because it takes time to encrypt your data.
This article shows you how to test your Internet connection speed with Malwarebytes Privacy toggled on and off. You can compare connection speeds and change your server location to try and get a faster connection.
Check Internet connection speed
Test and compare your connection speed with Malwarebytes Privacy on and off.
- Open Malwarebytes Privacy. Make sure the app is toggled OFF.
- Open your preferred Internet browser.
- To test your connection speed, go to one of the following websites:
- Note the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps.
- In the Malwarebytes Privacy app, click the connection toggle to ON.
- To test your connection speed again, go to the same website described in step 3.
- Note the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps and compare it with the results from step 4.
If the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps are significantly lower with Malwarebytes Privacy toggled on, select or switch to a server location closer to your physical location. This may improve your connection speed. To change your server location, see Switch server location in Malwarebytes Privacy.
Return to the Malwarebytes Privacy guide.