Malwarebytes Privacy looks out for your privacy by serving as a digital middleman between you and the Internet. Congestion can sometimes happen when you reroute your internet connection through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service. You may lose some speed when running Malwarebytes Privacy because it takes time to encrypt your data.
This article shows you how to test your internet connection speed with Malwarebytes Privacy toggled on and off. You can compare connection speeds and change your server location to try and get a faster connection.
Test and compare your connection speed with Malwarebytes Privacy on and off.
- Open Malwarebytes Privacy. Make sure the app is toggled OFF.
- Open your preferred internet browser.
- To test your connection speed, go to one of the following websites:
- Note the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps.
- In the Malwarebytes Privacy app, click the connection toggle to ON.
- To test your connection speed again, go to the same website described in step 3.
- Note the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps and compare it with the results from step 4.
If the download and upload speeds are slower with Malwarebytes Privacy toggled on, select a server location closer to your physical location. This can improve your connection speed. To switch your server location, see Change server location in Malwarebytes Privacy.
If the download and upload speeds are slower than your internet subscription's expected range with Malwarebytes Privacy toggled off, contact your ISP for assistance.
Return to the Malwarebytes Privacy guide.