A Support agent may request you to join a remote support session to resolve your issue. This article explains how to join a remote support session on a Mac device.
Use the latest version of the Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox browser to join a remote support session.
- To begin a remote support session, the support agent will provide you with:
- A link for you to click on, or
- A session code. From your browser, go to malwarebytes.screenconnect.com and enter the code provided.
- In the Join Session window, click the Download App button.
- Click Allow or OK to download the file.
- When the download completes:
- Safari: Click the Show downloads button at the top right of your browser.
- Chrome: Click the zip file MalwarebytesRemoteSupport.Client.Zip at the bottom left of your browser. The zip file extracts automatically and your Downloads folder opens.
- Firefox: The zip file extracts automatically and your Downloads folder opens.
- Double-click the Malwarebytes Remote Support Client file.
- Click Open in the download confirmation pop-up window.
- Once you and the agent join the session, you must click Consent to Control to continue. Review Malwarebytes Remote Technical Assistance Terms of Service.
- Grant Accessibility and Screen recording permissions for the Malwarebytes Remote Support Client in your Mac's System Preferences. Check the box next to Malwarebytes Remote Support Client.
See this Apple article to grant Accessibility permissions.
- Exit the app, then open the app again to enable Screen recording permissions. Check the box next to Malwarebytes Remote Support Client.
See this Apple Support article to grant screen recording privileges.
Once your session with the Support agent finishes, delete the Malwarebytes Remote Support Client files from your device.