Malwarebytes OneView's Endpoints page allows you to perform actions on multiple endpoints across multiple sites. To display endpoint details, click an endpoint's name in the endpoint column.
Follow the steps below to initiate an action on an endpoint:
- Log in to your OneView console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Endpoints.
- Filter your endpoints that you want to perform an action on. For information on ways to filter your endpoints, see Filter endpoints in Malwarebytes OneView.
- In the Endpoint column, check the boxes next to endpoints or endpoint groups that you want to perform an action on. You can select all of the endpoints if you check the box in the upper-left part of the table.
- Click the Actions drop-down arrow to display all available commands. Choose one of the following:
- Scan + Report: Checks protection updates and runs a Threat Scan to report the results. Any detected threats are not removed.
- Scan + Quarantine: Checks for protection updates and runs a Threat Scan. Any detected threats are quarantined and scan results are reported.
- Remediate Endpoint(s): Remediates found threats on an endpoint. A restart may be needed to complete remediation.
- Isolate Endpoint(s): Isolates the endpoint from the network to prevent an active threat from spreading. The console continues to communicate with the endpoint.
- Remove Isolation: Restores access to the endpoint if it is isolated.
- Refresh Assets: Updates hardware and software asset information for the endpoint.
- Check for Protection Updates: Checks for protection updates. While scans also do this, selecting this action makes sure that Real-time Protection uses the most recent updates.
- Check for Software Updates: Performs an immediate check for Malwarebytes Software Updates. This makes sure the Malwarebytes software on the endpoint is up to date.
- Install Software Update: Installs the latest Malwarebytes software to the endpoint. A restart may be needed to complete the installation. IMPORTANT: Reboots are handled as configured via your policy Reboot Options.
- Restart Endpoint(s): Performs a system restart of the selected endpoint(s). You do not have to restart each machine individually.
- Reassign Endpoint(s): Reassigns selected endpoints to a separate site that is created and available in your console.
- Check the Task status column for the status of the initiated action. The following list shows all the possible statuses:
- Pending: The endpoint is waiting to receive an action.
- Created: The task is created.
- Processing: The action is in progress.
- Success: The action is successful.
- Expired: The endpoint did not receive the action after 3 days pending.
- Failed: The action has failed. This may occur if you sent a repeat command to an endpoint while the same command is Pending.
For more information, see Tasks in Malwarebytes OneView
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.