Malwarebytes OneView's Endpoints page allows you to perform actions on multiple endpoints across multiple sites at once. Instead of logging into each Malwarebytes Nebula instance to perform endpoint commands, manage all of them from this page. This article describes how to initiate actions on your customer's endpoints.
Filter and perform actions in Endpoints
- Log in to your OneView console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Endpoints.
- Filter your endpoints that you want to perform an action on. For information on ways to filter your endpoints, see Overview of the Endpoints page in Malwarebytes OneView.
- In the Host name column, check the boxes next to endpoints or endpoint groups that you want to perform an action on.
- Click the Actions drop-down arrow to display all available commands. Choose one of the following:
- Scan + Report: Checks protection updates and runs a Threat Scan to report the results. Any detected threats are not removed.
- Scan + Quarantine: Checks for protection updates and runs a Threat Scan. Any detected threats are quarantined and scan results are reported.
- Isolate Endpoint(s): Isolates the endpoint from the network to prevent an active threat from spreading. The console continues to communicate with the endpoint.
- Remove Isolation: Restores access to the endpoint if it is isolated.
- Refresh Assets: Updates hardware and software asset information for the endpoint.
- Check for Protection Updates: Checks for protection updates. While scans also do this, selecting this action makes sure that Real-time Protection uses the most recent updates.
- Check for Software Updates: Performs an immediate check for Malwarebytes Software Updates. This makes sure the Malwarebytes software on the endpoint is up to date.
- Restart Endpoint(s): Performs a system restart of the selected endpoint(s). You do not have to restart each machine individually.
- Check the Task status column for the status of the initiated action. The following table displays possible statuses:
|The endpoint is waiting receive the action.|
|The endpoint did not receive the action after 3 days pending.|
|The action is currently in progress.|
|The action has completed.|
|The action has failed. This may occur if you sent a repeat command to an endpoint while the same command is Pending.|
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.