Malwarebytes Breach Remediation (MBBR) allows business users to detect and remove threats directly from endpoints. You can download the unmanaged client from your Malwarebytes Nebula console. This article describes how to download and register Malwarebytes Breach Remediation for Windows.
Use of Malwarebytes Breach Remediation requires a subscription to one of the following:
- Malwarebytes Incident Response
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response.
Download and register Breach Remediation
- Log into your Nebula console. Go to Downloads > scroll down to the Remediation (Unmanaged) section. Next to Windows Breach Remediation, click Download.
- Extract the Malwarebytes_Breach_Remediation_4.x.x.x folder into the directory of your choice.
- Place the MBBR-4.x.x.x.exe file into your chosen directory. Right click the program and run as administrator to extract the program and its dependencies. You can now register, update, and run Breach Remediation from your desired location. Make sure that you have the entire contents of the directory present, the mbbr.exe alone will not run.
- Get your product license key from the Nebula console. In Nebula, select your name in the top-right > Profile > License Information tab. Manually copy the license or click the copy to Clipboard icon next to the license key.
- From an elevated Command Prompt on the desired endpoint, run the following command to register the product:
mbbr register –key:YOURKEYHERE
- Run the following command to retrieve the latest malware definitions:
- The program is now registered and updated. Copy the directory to your target machine and run one of the following commands to scan:
- Threat scan: mbbr scan -remove
- Rootkit scan: mbbr scan -ark -remove
Malwarebytes Breach Remediation definitions are valid for 48 hours, after which the product must be updated via step 6. The product remains registered for 14 days, after which it will require registration via step 5. This is to prevent unauthorized use. There is no additional cost to re-register the client.