Malwarebytes OneView allows users to create global exclusions to apply for one or more policies. You may want to add, enable, or disable exclusions if a trusted application or data file is flagged as a false positive. If you use Malwarebytes alongside other anti-virus software, you may need to add exclusions to avoid software conflicts in your environment. This article details the Exclusions screen and how to add a new exclusion.
To view the Exclusions page in OneView, go to Settings > Exclusions. The Exclusions page shows a list of your existing exclusions, details of each, and a drop-down menu to edit or delete the exclusion. In the upper-right part of the page, click Search exclusions to display a search bar.
Exclusions show as line items with different columns highlighting specific information. These columns are:
- Exclusion: Shows the specific file/folder path, website, wildcard, or registry given to the exclusion.
When using wildcards with folder names, a single asterisk (*) denotes any single folder, while a double asterisk (**) denotes any number of folders. OneView supports the following asterisk wildcard exclusion format:
OneView supports the following percent sign wildcard exclusion paths:
- Type: Shows the exclusion type given to this exclusion.
- Status: Shows whether this exclusion is enabled or disabled for the applied policy. A green check mark indicates the exclusion is applied. A red hyphen indicates that the exclusion is paused or inactive.
- Policies: Shows a number indicating the number of policies with this exclusion applied. Click this number to see the full list of policies using this exclusion. If this exclusion applies to all of your policies, you instead see All.
- Applied to: Shows icons indicating the Malwarebytes protection layer(s) effected by the exclusion. Hover your cursor over each icon to see the name of the protection layer.
- Comment: If a OneView user gave this exclusion a unique description, you see it in this column.
- Actions: Click Exclusion actions in the Actions column of the table. These options are:
- Edit: Click this to edit and configure the exclusion. Options are the same as adding a new exclusion.
- Delete: Click this to delete this exclusion. A window appears to confirm your choice.
- Enable/ Disable: Click Disable to pause or stop applying the exclusion to your policies. Click Enable to resume applying this exclusion to your policies.
Add Exclusion in Malwarebytes OneView
- Log in to Malwarebytes OneView.
- In the left navigation pane, click Settings > Exclusions.
- In the upper-right part of the page, click Add .
- In the Add one or more exclusions pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Enable/disable: Switch the toggle to enable your listed exclusions. This toggle is enabled by default.
- Input line: Enter each exclusion on a separate line.
- Comments (Optional)
- Click Validate. If an exclusion is previously enabled, a pop-up window displays the removed exclusions because it is already present.
- In the Edit exclusion pop-up window, verify the information regarding your listed exclusions.
- Click Save. In the bottom-right part of the page, a confirmation message displays Exclusions have been created successfully.
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.