The Policies screen allows Malwarebytes OneView users to add and edit security policies, and easily apply them to one or more customer sites. This feature helps OneView users globally manage customer sites, without the need to configure security policies for each Malwarebytes Nebula platform individually. This article details the Policies screen and how to add a new policy in the OneView console.
Policies tab overview
To view the Policies screen in OneView, go to Policies > Policies tab. The Policies tab shows a list of your existing policies, which sites have applied policies, and other information you can sort. You can use the magnifying glass at the top-right of the screen to search for specific policies in your list. Policies show as line items with different columns highlighting specific information. These columns are:
- Name: The name given to the policy. Click the column header to sort policies by alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Sites: Shows a number that indicates the number of sites using the policy. Click the number to view the names of the sites using this policy. If no sites are assigned, you instead see an Assign sites button. Click this to apply the policy to one or more of your sites.
- Last updated: Shows the date of the last time a OneView user made edits to this policy. Click the column header to sort policies based on the last time they were updated.
- Updated by: Shows the name of the OneView user that made the last edit to this policy. Click the column header to sort policies based on who updated them.
- Actions: Click the kebab icon to choose actions in a drop-down menu. These options are:
- Edit: Click this to edit and configure the policy. Options are the same as adding a new policy.
- Delete: Click this to delete this policy. A window appears to confirm your choice. You cannot delete the Default policy.
- Set as default: Click this to set this policy as the Default. We recommend setting a policy to default to help you identify the policy configured for most of your customer sites.
- Assign sites: Click this to apply the policy to one or more of your sites.
Add Policy in Malwarebytes OneView
- Log into Malwarebytes OneView.
- From the sidebar, click Policies.
- On the Policies screen, click the Policies tab.
- At the top-right, click the plus sign ( + ) to add a new policy.
- The screen shows several options to configure your policy. Use the toggle switches to enable or disable each of the settings. The descriptions of each setting are the same as the console-level policy setting found under the Policies section of the Malwarebytes Nebula platform Administrator Guide.
- After configuring your policy, click the Policy Name field to create a name for it.
- Click Submit when done.
The new policy now appears on the Policies screen.
Return to the Malwarebytes OneView User Guide.