- Compatible with:
Review the items below to ensure a successful installation of the app on Windows devices. For device requirements, see System requirements for Desktop Security.
- Verify the device has an active internet connection.
- Verify the following rule is added to the Firewall: ark.mwbsys.com on port 443
- Temporarily disable the following:
- Third-party antivirus software
- VPN or proxy settings
- If you are running Windows 10 or Windows 11 in S mode, you must disable S mode. S mode only allows the installation of apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
- To verify the Windows version you are running, see Which version of Windows operating system am I running?
- To disable S mode, see Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ.
- For Windows 7 devices, you must apply the Microsoft 2019-09 Security Update. For more information, see Windows 2019-09 Security Update for Windows devices running Malwarebytes home products.
During the installation
- Run the installer locally on your device and not from a network drive.
- Reboot the system immediately when the installer requests a restart. The installer should launch automatically, do not start the app manually.
- If you are upgrading, install to the same location as the previous version. Most users install in the default location, C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes.
- To install in a different location, you must first uninstall the app from the device.
- On Windows 10 and Windows 11, if you see a message window with The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app, update your app installation settings.
- Click Change my app recommendation settings on the message window to go to the Apps & Features menu. Under Choose where to get apps, select Anywhere.