If you have a ticket with Malwarebytes Support, you can upload troubleshooting logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. The Malwarebytes Support Tool is a troubleshooting and repair utility designed to upload data and help resolve issues with Malwarebytes for Windows.
To start, you must have an active Internet connection. If you are not connected to the Internet, see the article Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- Locate the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe.
Downloaded files are usually saved to the Downloads folder.
- To run the Malwarebytes Support Tool, double-click the downloaded file mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe. You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
The application automatically downloads the latest updates when opened.
NOTE: Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework is required in order to run the Support Tool on your computer. If you receive the following error while running the tool:
Click OK to open Microsoft's download page and download the latest .NET Framework components.
- Click the box next to Accept License Agreement, then click Next.
- DO NOT CLICK Start Repair. Click Upload Logs under the Menu Pane.
- Enter your Email Address and Ticket Number, then click Search.
- If a valid support ticket is found, the table populates with details on your ticket. Double-click the ticket to select it.
- The Gathering logs from your machine page displays. Malwarebytes Support Tool gathers troubleshooting information from your computer that will assist Malwarebytes Support with addressing your issue. The gathered information uploads to a secure Malwarebytes server. If you decide you do not want to upload logs to Malwarebytes Support, click Cancel.
- Upon completion, the page displays that the troubleshooting information uploaded successfully. Once this information is reviewed, your Malwarebytes Support agent will email you with further details. Please wait for this email to arrive. After your logs have been uploaded successfully, click the X on the upper-right hand corner to close the Malwarebytes Support Tool.