NOTICE - On August 4 2021, Malwarebytes Endpoint Security reached its End of Life. For more information, see the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security End of Life notice. To upgrade to a supported version of Malwarebytes, see Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection or Malwarebytes for Teams.
You can install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an managed or unmanaged client solution. An unmanaged client is a client that is not installed or managed from the Management Console, while a managed client is a client that is installed and managed from the Management Console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a managed client, consult the article Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an unmanaged client, the instructions are provided below.
Download the setup file
Download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business ZIP archive.
The ZIP file, contains two Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business setup files:
- mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.exe (Application)
- mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.msi (Windows Installer Package)
We recommend installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business using the Application (.exe) file. If you use a third-party installation tool to install software, use the Windows Installer Package (.msi) setup file.
Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business
Follow the instructions below to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business using the .exe file.
- Locate the Malwarebytes_Anti_Malware_for_Business.zip folder, right-click and choose Extract All...
- Double-click the Unmanaged > Windows folders.
- Right-click the file mbam-setup-x.xx.x.xxxx.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Select the language you want to use during installation, then click OK.
- Use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard to configure your preferences.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
To see more detailed instructions, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Unmanaged Client Administrator Guide, Installation section.
Activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business, then click Activate.
- In the Activate Product window, enter your product ID and product key.
- Click Activate.
For more information, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Unmanaged Client Administrator Guide, Activation section.