NOTICE - On August 4 2021, Malwarebytes Endpoint Security reached its End of Life. For more information, see the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security End of Life notice. To upgrade to a supported version of Malwarebytes, see Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection or Malwarebytes for Teams.
You can install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as an managed or unmanaged client solution. An unmanaged client is not installed or managed from the management console. A managed client is installed and managed from the management console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as a managed client, refer to the article Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console.
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as an unmanaged client, the instructions are provided below.
Download the setup file
To download the setup file, download the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business ZIP archive.
Inside the ZIP archive, there are two Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business setup files:
- mbae-setup-x.xx.x.xx.exe (Application)
- mbae-setup-x.xx.x.xx.msi (Windows Installer Package)
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business, we recommend you use the Application (.exe) file. If you use a third-party installation tool to install software, use the Windows Installer Package (.msi) setup file.
Install and activate Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business
To install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business using the .exe file:
- Locate and extract the download, Malwarebytes_Anti_Exploit_for_Business.zip.
- Double-click the Unmanaged > Windows folders.
- Double-click the mbae-setup-x.xx.x.xx.exe.
- When the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Choose the language you want to use during installation.
- When the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Setup Wizard opens, click Next.
- Enter your license ID and key, then click Next.
- Use the Setup Wizard to configure your preferences for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
To see more information, refer to the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Unmanaged Client Administrator Guide, Program Installation section.