NOTICE - On May 4 2020, Malwarebytes for Windows version 3.8.3 reached its End of Life. For more information, see Malwarebytes for Windows version 3 End of Life notice. For the latest version of this support article, see System requirements for Malwarebytes for Windows v4.
This article lists minimum system requirements for Malwarebytes for Windows. These requirements do not factor other functions your device is responsible for.
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later), Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit only)
- Note: Anti-ransomware protection is not supported for Windows XP or Windows Vista due to architectural constraints. Windows XP and Windows Vista are compatible with Malwarebytes for Windows version 3.5.1 and older only.
- CPU: Minimum 800 MHz with SSE2 technology. This includes most modern Intel x86 processors as well as AMD's Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64 and Phenom CPU families.
- RAM: 2 GB (64-bit OS), 1 GB (32-bit OS, or 256 MB for Windows XP)
- Free disk space: Minimum 250 MB.
- Recommended screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher.
- An active internet connection.
Return to Malwarebytes for Windows guide v3