Computers running Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) alongside Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection may experience sluggish performance. These problems can range from slower boot times to generally slow PC performance doing common tasks.
The root of the issue is caused by logging within Symantec software, which causes Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to consistently monitor the logging location and files. We are currently investigating a solution to mitigate this and similar issues which could occur.
As a workaround, users may choose to turn off Behavior Protection within Malwarebytes Nebula platform:
- Log in to your Malwarebytes Nebula account.
- On the left navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click Policies. Then select your policy.
- On the policy page, under the Windows tab, select Settings.
- Scroll down to find Behavior Protection under Real-Time Protection.
- Toggle off Behavior Protection, then click the Save button at the top of the policy page.
If you have any questions, please contact Malwarebytes Support.