Computers running Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) alongside Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection may experience sluggish performance. These problems can range from slower boot times to generally slow PC performance doing common tasks.
The root of the issue stems from a large amount of logging within SEP software, which causes Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to consistently monitor the logging location and files. We are currently investigating a solution to mitigate this and similar issues which could occur.
As a workaround, users may choose to turn off Behavior Protection within Malwarebytes Nebula platform:
- Go to cloud.malwarebytes.com and login with your Malwarebytes Nebula account.
- Select Settings to expand all options and click on Policies.
- Once on the policies page, select your policy.
- On the policy settings page, under Windows, select Settings,tab next to General.
- Scroll down to find Behavior Protection under Real-Time Protection.
- Toggle Behavior Protection off and save your policy using the Save button at the top of the policy settings page.
If you have any questions, please contact Malwarebytes Support.