We have recently performed a scheduled update to our Malwarebytes cloud platform on September 18, 2017. As a customer of this platform, we want to take a moment to familiarize you with the changes that were made.
- Added support for Mac endpoints in Discovery & Deployment Tool, enabling administrators to deploy, install and uninstall Malwarebytes Incident Response on Apple computers running macOS.
- Added policy option to display Malwarebytes tray icon on Windows and Mac endpoints (enabled by default) providing end users with visibility of scan status when hovering over the Malwarebytes icon.
- Added policy option to allow users to postpone remediation reboots.
- The Discovery & Deployment Tool, will now propagate proxy settings to endpoints when the “Use Proxy” checkbox is selected.
- When attempting to move a large number of endpoints between groups in batch (1000+), some endpoints may not move correctly.
- The Malwarebytes tray icon may not be displayed in Windows XP.
- The Malwarebytes reboot prompt does not appear as intended on Windows XP.
- The Administrator is not prevented from sending an empty reboot message in the policy.
- The Asset Management plugin for Mac may not update on the first attempt. Waiting 24 hours or restarting the daemon resolves the issue.
Our next platform update is scheduled for October 2017. If you have any questions, please contact our Malwarebytes Customer Success team.