The Malwarebytes Support Tool removes Malwarebytes files and settings from your Windows computer. If you have activated Malwarebytes using a license key, this will be backed up so you will not need to reinput during post cleanup reinstallation.
You can use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to uninstall your Malwarebytes software or remove files leftover from a previous installation.
Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
- Close all applications you have open on your computer.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
- When prompted to save the file, click Yes or Save.
- Locate your Downloads folder and double-click to open.
- Double-click the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file.
- If prompted by User Account Control to allow changes be made to your computer, click Yes.
- Click the Accept License Agreement box. Click the Next button.
- Click Advanced under the Menu Pane.
- Click the Clean button.
- Click the Yes button to proceed. This process may take a few minutes.
- The Support Tool displays a message box asking to reboot the computer. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
- After the reboot, Malwarebytes Support Tool reopens and displays a message asking if you would like to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
- Malwarebytes Support Tool downloads and runs the installer for the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
- The Malwarebytes dashboard opens once the installation completes successfully.