As of August 28, 2018, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business is End of Life (EOL), and your subscription has been migrated to Malwarebytes Endpoint Security for the remainder of your subscription term. To take advantage of the additional protection features and improvements offered in Malwarebytes Endpoint Security, you will need to take the following steps:
- Download the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security zip file and log in to My Account to access license keys for the additional protection clients. If you do not have an account, contact Business Support and provide the subscription information and email address from your original purchase document to create an account. Be sure to refer to the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security Quick Start Guide and other administrator documentation in the zip file to access for detailed installation information.
- Install or upgrade to the latest version of the Malwarebytes Management Console, On Premise, contained in the zip file. Upgrading the Malwarebytes Management Console does not interfere with scans, updates, protection, or threat notifications. To upgrade:
- Backup the Malwarebytes Management Console database. Refer to our support article Backup or restore the Malwarebytes Management Console database.
- Locate and extract the .zip file, Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security_x.x.x.xxxx.zip.
- Double-click the Managed folder.
- Right-click the file mbmc-setup-x.x.x.xxxx.exe, then click Run as administrator.
The Malwarebytes Management Server Setup Wizard guides you through the steps required to complete the installation. Complete the steps to upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console.
Note: If you are upgrading from Malwarebytes Management Console v1.3, or if you have an evaluation license, you must reactivate your license when the upgrade is complete. Refer to the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security Quick Start Guide, Licenses for Purchases and Trials section.
- Reinstall your Malwarebytes anti-exploit managed client to mitigate possible delays in communication between the upgraded console and the managed client.
- Install the Malwarebytes anti-malware managed client for advanced protection against malware. For more information, see our support article Install managed clients with Malwarebytes Management Console.
- Install unmanaged clients: Install the anti-ransomware standalone client for ransomware protection. If you prefer not to use the management console, you may choose instead to install the individual anti-malware and anti-exploit clients locally on each Windows computer. The standalone clients are located in the Unmanaged folder in the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security zip file. You will need to enter the Malwarebytes anti-malware and Malwarebytes anti-exploit license keys when prompted each time you install. To clean up infections on Macs, you may install the Mac remediation client also located in the Unmanaged folder and enter the Mac license key when prompted.