For some issues, a Technical Support Specialist may require additional information that is not contained in the mb-check-results zip file created by running the MB_check tool. In some cases very more data is required and a feature in Malwarebytes on Windows devices needs to be enabled. Event Log Data is sometimes needed to properly troubleshoot the issue. This article will show you how to get that data by enabling Even Log Data. Turn on the program then follow the instructions below.
Turn on Event Log Data in Malwarebytes
- Click Settings on the left pane of the Dashboard.
- Click Application tab.
- Scroll down to find the Event Log Data.
- Next, click on the toggle switch to move it to the "ON" position.
- Run a Threat Scan on your machine to try and reproduce the issue.
- Enable view hidden folders.
- Refer to Show hidden files for details.
- Find the following folder:
- Right click on the logs folder and select Send To Compressed (zipped file).
- If you may see the following message:
"Windows cannot create the Compressed (zipped) Folder here. Do you want it to be placed on the Desktop instead?"
- Click Yes.
- IMPORTANT: Go back to Settings Application tab and toggle the Event Log Data to OFF.
Once you have it saved to your desktop, send it in your next reply to the Customer Support Agent for processing.