Sometimes bad app data causes an error in Malwarebytes for Android version 3. Clearing app data will help solve issues with Malwarebytes. This article will show you how to clear app data on your Android device.
Clear app data for Malwarebytes
- Uninstall and reinstall the Malwarebytes app on your Android device.
- Once installed, go to the device Settings > General tab > Apps > Malwarebytes > Storage and tap the Clear Data button.
- Reboot the device.
- Launch Malwarebytes and go to the Settings screen by tapping the icon of the 3 stacked horizontal lines located in the top left corner.
- Tap the Settings menu option.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Force Update to download the latest updates. A prompt will appear if the database is already up-to-date.
- Exit out of Settings and run a new scan in Malwarebytes.