The Malwarebytes Browser Guard Settings screen allows you to customize protection settings for all websites you visit with your browser. These settings do not apply to private or incognito windows. Click the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the Browser Guard screen to view Settings.
The Settings screen contains toggle switches to turn protection settings on or off. Disabling any of the protection features may limit your browsing privacy and security.
See the following list for a description of each protection setting:
- All protection settings: This switch toggles all protection settings On or Off.
- Ads/Trackers: This is a privacy setting, and has no effect on your safety. Turning this setting off may slow website access.
- Malware: This setting affects your safety. While On, it filters sites which you access based on Browser Guard malware database.
- Scams: This settings affects your safety. While On, it filters sites known to participate in scams.
- gTLD domains: This setting blocks suspicious top level domains (TLD) that are frequently used by scam or phishing sites.
- Show block count: This setting allows you to manage the display of block count on the extension icon while you browse the internet.
- Advanced Skimmer Protection: This setting affects your safety. While On, it protects your card details from skimming tactics used by scammers on checkout pages.
Return to the Malwarebytes Browser Guard guide.