You have removed a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) from Google Chrome™ but Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection keeps detecting the same PUP. This may be caused by Google Chrome Sync replacing Chrome settings and entries after Malwarebytes disinfects them.
Reset Sync Data to prevent PUP redetections
Follow the steps below to disable account sync in Chrome, reset the infected sync data, remove the PUP, and sync the disinfected Chrome data to the account. You will not lose any bookmarks, history, or saved passwords in this process.
- On the affected endpoint(s), turn Chrome Sync off. See the following Google support article: Turn sync on and off in Chrome.
- Sign into https://chrome.google.com/sync.
- Scroll down and click RESET SYNC.
- After performing the sync reset, run a scan with Malwarebytes and remove the PUP detections.
- After the quarantine process, turn Chrome Sync back on. Refer to the steps in Google's support article: Turn sync on and off in Chrome.