To use Malwarebytes on a Chromebook or other Chrome OS device, download and install the latest version from the Google Play Store app. Below are instructions to download and install Malwarebytes on your Chromebook. These steps also apply to reinstallation. To learn more about this product, see the product page for Malwarebytes for Chromebook.
Download and install Malwarebytes
- Open the Google Play Store app. Refer to Google's support article Install Android apps on your Chromebook if you do not see the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Malwarebytes Mobile Security in the Google Play search bar.
- Click Install.
- Once Malwarebytes installation completes, click Open.
- You will be requested for permission to protect your device. Click Give permission.
- In the device Settings window, click Allow to consent.
Malwarebytes setup is now complete. If this is your first time installing Malwarebytes on your Chromebook device, enjoy a 30 day trial of Premium. To activate a Malwarebytes Premium subscription, refer to Activate Malwarebytes Premium on Chromebook device.