Paid subscribers of Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 gain access to multiple protection layers which actively stop threats. The Real-Time Protection card shows you each protection layer, switches to turn the features on or off, and protection statistics.
The Real-Time Protection card on the Dashboard displays each of the protection layers. You can click on the switches for any of the protection layers to toggle them on or off. We recommend keeping them on to remain fully protected by Malwarebytes. Each protection layer is described here:
- Web Protection: This layer protects you from online scams, phishing sites, and sites containing ransomware.
- Malware & PUP Protection: This layer blocks malware, viruses, adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and other threats.
- Ransomware Protection: This layer blocks malware that locks you out of your device and files, which then demands payment to restore access.
- Exploit Protection: This layer blocks malware which seeks to leverage bugs and vulnerabilities in a system to allow the exploit's creator to take control.
Click the Real-Time Protection card from the main program Dashboard to view more information.
Items stopped in the last 30 days
Once you click and expand the Real-Time Protection card, the left side of the Real-Time Protection screen displays all the threats Malwarebytes prevented in the last 30 days.
- Select the My Computer tab to see the total threats stopped on your device, and the breakdown of each threat type prevented, including Real-Time Protection and Browser Guard detections. Browser Guard data is available when the extension is installed on your default browser (available for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox).
- Select the Global tab if you want to view how many threats Malwarebytes for Windows has stopped around the world in the last 30 days.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide.