If you uninstall Malwarebytes for Windows version 4, you are no longer protected from threats like malware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses. To uninstall Malwarebytes, follow these steps:
- In your Windows desktop, click Start .
- In the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs, select Programs and Features.
- Locate Malwarebytes version x.x.x.xx on the program list.
- Click Malwarebytes version x.x.x.xx.
- Click Uninstall. The Uninstall Malwarebytes window displays.
- In the Uninstall Malwarebytes window, select:
- Repair Malwarebytes: If you're experiencing a technical issue, select this option to see an article with instructions on how to use the Malwarebytes Support Tool to uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes for Windows while saving your setting configurations and subscription information.
- Remove Malwarebytes: click this option to proceed with the uninstall process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the desired actions.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Windows guide.