The Malwarebytes Support Tool is designed to help you troubleshoot issues with Malwarebytes for Windows. The Malwarebytes Support Tool combines multiple utilities, such as the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. The Malwarebytes Support Tool gathers information from your computer and creates a new support ticket or updates an existing ticket with the information gathered.
How do I use the Malwarebytes Support Tool?
Download the latest version of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, then open the utility and accept the license agreement. For further instructions, refer to the article Troubleshoot issues with Malwarebytes for Windows
What can the Malwarebytes Support Tool do?
- Provide self-help options to assist with troubleshooting
- Create a Malwarebytes Support ticket
- Attach information to an existing Malwarebytes Support ticket
- Automatically generate and upload information to a secure Malwarebytes server
- Automatically run troubleshooting tools, including:
- Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility (MB-Clean)
- Function using an online or offline mode
- Advanced Options
- Allows you to use the Malwarebytes Support Tool without an Internet connection
- Saves troubleshooting logs to your computer
- Uninstalls Malwarebytes for Windows using the Cleanup Utility
Do I need a license for the Malwarebytes Support Tool?
No, the Malwarebytes Support Tool is a free troubleshooting and repair utility. You may download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool as needed.
How do I upload logs to an existing Support ticket?
If you have an open ticket with Malwarebytes Support, enter your ticket number and email address when prompted in the Malwarebytes Support Tool. For instructions, refer to the article Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
What happens when the Malwarebytes Support Tool creates a ticket?
When the Malwarebytes Support Tool creates a ticket, your troubleshooting logs are attached to the ticket and a confirmation email is sent to you. To add more information to your ticket, reply to the confirmation email you received. To create a ticket, refer to the article Troubleshoot issues with Malwarebytes for Windows.
What is the mbst-grab-results.zip file?
mbst-grab-results.zip is an archive that contains results from running the Malwarebytes Support Tool. Inside the mbst-grab-results.zip file, there are two logs:
- mb-support-log.txt file - contains the Malwarebytes Support Tool data and any exceptions the application encountered.
- mb-check-results.txt - contains data to help us troubleshoot issues with Malwarebytes for Windows.
If the Malwarebytes Support Tool is run in offline mode, the mbst-grab-results.zip file is saved to your desktop.
Do I still need to run other troubleshooting or repair tools?
With the Malwarebytes Support Tool, you do not need to run additional troubleshooting or repair tools, such as the Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility.