NOTICE - On August 4 2021, Malwarebytes Endpoint Security reached its End of Life. For more information, see the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security End of Life notice. To upgrade to a supported version of Malwarebytes, see Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection or Malwarebytes for Teams.
If you are attempting to Upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console , you may run into an issue where the upgrade cannot proceed. This is due to not using the original log in user for the install. In these scenarios the issue is with the account not being the database owner for the SQL database we use.
If the account cannot be used, you can use the following instructions to change that database owner so you can continue the install.
Change database owner of Management Console via script
- Login with the user you wish to make an Admin on your SQLExpress database.
- Download the script from this location.
- Extract the folder and run the script as admin.
- In the black command window, type in sqlexpress then press enter. The script will run and change the owner to the currently logged in user.
- After the script has run, right click the Management Console installer and run as administrator.