Device administrator is a feature that grants administrator privileges at the operating system level to an app on your Android or Chrome OS device. When enabling Malwarebytes for Android as a device administrator, an Android OS message is shown, indicating the operations the app is allowed to perform, such as erase all data, or update device settings.
Malwarebytes only uses permissions for the actions specified below:
- automatically enable Anti-Ransomware remediation
- enable Real-Time Protection through file monitoring
- prevent malware from uninstalling the Malwarebytes app
For your protection, do not disable Malwarebytes for Android or Chromebook as a device administrator unless you need to uninstall the app.
These instructions also apply to Chromebooks with Google Play app support.
- Open Malwarebytes for Android.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top left.
- Scroll down, then tap Settings.
- Under Security settings, tap Other.
- Tap Device Administrator.
If you are enabling device administrator, continue to step 6.
If you are disabling device administrator, no further action is required.
- When the About Administration window appears, tap DO IT NOW.
- Scroll down and tap Activate.
For more information about Malwarebytes for Android's settings and features, refer to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.