Not everyone stores their files on the local drives. A lot of us use external or portable drives to store sensitive data. We can scan them when they are plugged into our machines using two different methods. This article will show you how to scan external drives via the context menu entry and by scanning using a custom scan.
Option 1 - right-click
- Open the file manager (file explorer in Windows 10).
- Right-click on the desired file, folder or drive to scan.
- From the context menu, select Scan with Malwarebytes.
If on Windows 11, select Show more options > Scan with Malwarebytes.
Option 2 - custom scan
- Open Malwarebytes on Windows.
- Select the Scanner section on the main page, then click Advanced scanners.
- Click on Configure Scan under Custom Scan, a new Windows shows the customer scan.
- On the left side, you can configure options for the scan.
- On the right side, you can select, files, folder or drives to scan.
- Click on Scan Now to start the scan.