Malwarebytes for Android is an app designed to protect Android devices from viruses and malware. Follow the instructions in this article to download and install the app on Android devices. These steps also apply to reinstallation in case of an accidental uninstall.
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, enter Malwarebytes, then tap Malwarebytes Mobile Security in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open after the installation is complete.
- Tap Get started.
- The first time the app launches, Malwarebytes requests security permissions on your device. Tap Give permission.
- Toggle on Allow access to all files to allow Malwarebytes to access files and folders in order to protect your device. For details on Malwarebytes for Android permissions, refer to Malwarebytes required functions on Android device
- In the Premium screen, choose one of the following methods to activate the subscription:
- To start a 30-day free trial: Tap Start your 30-day trial and setup the trial with your Google Play subscription. The subscription is charged post the 30-day trial period.
- To activate with license key: Tap Already have a subscription. Tap I have a license key and enter the requested information.
- To activate with an existing Google Play subscription: Tap Already have a subscription. Tap Restore Google Play purchase.
- To activate with My Account credentials: Type the My Account email and password in the applicable fields and tap Sign In.
- Tap SKIP to use the free version. To activate the subscription later, see Activate Malwarebytes for Android Premium.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.