Malwarebytes for Android is designed to protect Android devices from viruses and malware. Follow the instructions in this article to download and install the app on Android devices.
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, enter Malwarebytes, then tap Malwarebytes Mobile Security in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open after the installation is complete.
- Tap Get started.
- The first time the app launches, Malwarebytes requests security permissions on your device. Follow the prompts on your screen to enable the permissions required. For details on Malwarebytes for Android permissions, refer to Malwarebytes required functions on Android device.
- In the Premium screen, you're presented with subscription activation and trial options:
- Start your 30-day trial: start a trial with a Google Play subscription. The subscription is charged post the 30-day trial period.
- Already have a subscription: you can activate the Premium features using a purchase from the Malwarebytes online Store, or restore a previous Google Play purchase.
- SKIP: Tap this option to use the free version.
To activate the subscription later, see Activate Malwarebytes for Android Premium.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.