Malwarebytes for Android is designed to protect Android devices from viruses and malware, and is available to install from the Google Play Store. To check if your device is compatible with the latest version of Malwarebytes, see System requirements for Malwarebytes for Android and Chrome OS.
Follow the instructions below to download and install the app.
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, enter Malwarebytes, then tap Malwarebytes Mobile Security in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open after the installation is complete.
- Tap Get started.
- The first time the app launches, Malwarebytes requests security permissions on your device. Follow the prompts on your screen to enable the permissions required. For details on Malwarebytes for Android permissions, refer to Malwarebytes required functions on Android device.
Note: On Android 13 devices, you will be requested to provide Notification permissions, when reaching the Dashboard screen.
- In the Premium screen, you're presented with subscription activation and trial options:
- Start free trial: start a trial with a Google Play subscription. The subscription is charged post the 7-day trial period.
- Already have a subscription: you can activate the Premium features using a purchase from the Malwarebytes online Store, or restore a previous Google Play purchase.
- SKIP: Tap this option to use the free version.
To activate the subscription later, see Activate Malwarebytes for Android Premium.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.