Malwarebytes Security for Android is an app designed to protect Android devices from virus and malware. Follow the instructions in this article to download and install the app on Android devices. These steps also apply to reinstallation, or to retrieve the program in case of an accidental uninstall.
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, enter Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware, then tap Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open after the installation is complete.
- The first time Malwarebytes is launched, you are asked to allow Malwarebytes permissions on your Android device. Tap Get started.
- Tap Give permission > Allow to allow Malwarebytes to access files and folders in order to protect your device. Refer to Malwarebytes required functions on Android device for details on Malwarebytes for Android permissions.
- To start a free Premium trial for 30 days, you can tap Start Premium trial. Tap SKIP to use the free version.
If you already have a Malwarebytes license key or wish to purchase a premium subscription from Google Play Store, see how to Activate Malwarebytes for Android Premium.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.