Malwarebytes for Android is an app designed to protect Android devices from viruses and malware. Follow the instructions in this article to download and install the app on Android devices. These steps also apply to reinstallation in case of an accidental uninstall.
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, enter Malwarebytes, then tap Malwarebytes Security: Virus Cleaner, Anti-Malware in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Open after the installation is complete.
- Tap Get started.
- The first time the app launches, Malwarebytes requests security permissions on your device. Tap Give permission.
- Tap Allow to allow Malwarebytes to access files and folders in order to protect your device. For details on Malwarebytes for Android permissions, refer to Malwarebytes required functions on Android device
- To start a free Premium trial for 30 days, tap Start Premium trial. Tap SKIP to use the free version.
If you already have a Malwarebytes license key or wish to purchase a premium subscription from the Google Play Store, see how to Activate Malwarebytes for Android Premium.
Return to the Malwarebytes for Android and Chromebook guide.