Malwarebytes for Windows displays pop-up notifications to keep you informed of scans, upgrades, Real-Time Protection events, and threats on your computer. To adjust your notification settings in Malwarebytes for Windows, go to the Settings Application tab.
Turning off notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows doesn't turn off critical notifications. Critical notifications require user action. The following types of notifications are considered critical:
- expiration notices
- renewal reminders
- Real-Time Protection blocked a threat
- scan detected a threat
- updates are out of date
- reboot required to remove threats
Toggle non-critical notifications in Malwarebytes for Windows
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Settings Application tab.
- Scroll down to the Notification section.
- From the Notifications section, you can configure the following settings:
- Turn off non-critical notifications
Toggle the Show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray setting to the off position.
- Choose how long notifications appear
Next to Close notifications after, click the menu to choose how quickly notifications close.
- Turn off Real-Time Protection notifications
Toggle the Show Notifications when Real Time Protection settings are turned off setting to the off position.