Managed remote clients which will be installed from the Malwarebytes Management Console will need additional configuration to work optimally. The following is recommended for these clients:
- Ensure the clients connect to the Malwarebytes Management Server at least once to receive policy settings.
- Create a custom policy that is configured to update from an alternative source using these steps*.
- If a new policy is created, use a VPN connection to allow clients to update their policy settings.
- Allow for large bandwidth spikes when clients connect to the network, as all logs are queued until the clients connect.
* Management Console version 188.8.131.526 or higher is required to only update from the Internet.