To take advantage of new features and improvements, we recommend you upgrade to the latest version of the Malwarebytes Management Console. Upgrading the Malwarebytes Management Console does not interfere with scans, updates, protection, or threat notifications.
If you are upgrading from Malwarebytes Management Console v1.3 or if you have an evaluation license, you must reactivate your license when the upgrade is complete. Refer to the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security Quick Start Guide, Licenses for Purchases and Trials section.
Install latest Management Console version
- Backup the Malwarebytes Management Console database.
Refer to the article Backup or restore the Malwarebytes Management Console database.
- Download the Malwarebytes Endpoint Security ZIP archive.
- Locate and extract the .zip file, Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security_x.x.x.xxxx.zip.
The Malwarebytes Endpoint Security version number changes with each update.
- Double-click the Managed folder.
- Right-click on the file mbmc-setup-x.x.x.xxxx.exe, then click Run as administrator.
- The Malwarebytes Management Server Setup Wizard guides you through the steps required to complete the installation.
Complete the steps to upgrade the Malwarebytes Management Console.
- When the upgrade is finished, you need to push out the new managed client version to all the machines deployed. Refer to Update your Malwarebytes Endpoint Security endpoints to the latest version to deploy over the top and upgrade your managed clients.