Malwarebytes license keys can be used across multiple devices, platforms and products. There are situations when you need to deactivate your license key.
- When you want to transfer the license key to a new or different device.
- When you need to repair, replace or sell your device.
- When you need to remove the license key from a lost or stolen device.
Deactivate a license key
There are two ways to deactivate your license key:
- Option 1: through My Account
- Option 2: within a Malwarebytes product
Option 1: Deactivate your license through My Account
A My Account login is required to perform the steps below. To create a login, see Create and manage your Malwarebytes Account.
- Log in to My Account.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Click the subscription card.
- Under the Devices column, locate the device you want to deactivate.
- Click the 3-dot icon to the right.
- Click Deactivate.
- In the pop-up box, click Remove device.
Option 2: Deactivate your license on a device
The ability to deactivate your license on a device is not available for Malwarebytes Privacy VPN for Windows or Malwarebytes Privacy VPN for Mac. If using one of these products you'll need to deactivate the license using Option 1: Deactivate your license through My Account.
For instructions on how to deactivate your license on your device, click a product link from the following list:
Malwarebytes Security & Antivirus
Navigate the Account Settings page for more information:
Navigate the Settings screen to find the Deactivate this device option:
Malwarebytes Privacy VPN
Scroll to the bottom of the User Guide to find the Deactivate this device option under Settings:
To transfer your license key, you must deactivate the license key from the original device before using it on another device.
- For more information on installing and activating on a new device see Install & activate Malwarebytes personal products.