Using My Account, you can deactivate or transfer a Malwarebytes license key. You may want to deactivate your license key if you need to do the following:
- Transfer your license key to a new device.
- Repair, replace, or sell your device.
- Deactivate your license key on a lost or stolen device.
A My Account profile is required to perform the steps in this article. To create an account, see Create My Account profile.
Deactivate Malwarebytes subscription for your device
We recommend deactivating your key in the Malwarebytes application if you still have access to the device and an internet connection. This permanently deactivates the license from that device.
- Log in to My Account.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Under Manage devices, click the trash icon for the device you want to deactivate. Or, if you don't know which one to deactivate, click Deactivate all.
The Deactivate all link will automatically disconnect all devices. However, the devices you are using will reconnect within 24 hours. If the device does not reactivate automatically, reenter your license key and reactivate manually in the product.
Transfer Malwarebytes subscription to another device
To transfer your license key to another device, you must deactivate the license key using My Account then activate the key on the other device. This is the same process as activating a device for the first time.
Note: Malwarebytes license keys are not transferable to iOS devices. You must purchase Malwarebytes for iOS in the Apple App Store. For more information, see How can I purchase Malwarebytes for iOS?